View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 09:30 AM   #11
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh603 View Post
I either take pictures or make illustrations myself, or get public domain images from the Wikimedia Commons. I've commissioned an artist once, and while it turned out ok, I'm not sure I want to do it on another massive flop.

The only drawback to using public domain images is that you can't always find exactly what you're looking for.
See, I am good at taking images and making art from them. Combining elements, adjusting color, and so on. I am not any good at taking a blank page and drawing something (or painting, connect the dots, or etc). So I poke around the better image libraries (typically not free) and create form that. My avatar here is an example of a logo I built that way. (I do pay someone else currently to do my book covers)

When I had the time, I was pretty good capturing images with my DSLR, but something had to give in my schedule, and that went. Some day will return to it. Someday....
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote