View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 04:04 AM   #3
molman
Evangelist
molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Don't you think the title should be "My Kobo is Junk". I'm rocking a sample size of two units from Borders (US) with none of the issues you are proclaiming. I'm sorry but I just struggle with posts like these where people make sweeping proclamations. I could likewise say SONY TV's are Junk because mine crapped out about 6 months back with a reportedly common issue (if I believe the internet) just out of warranty, but really.

As to who made this "crap", probably the same underpaid poor Chinese workers who make all your electronics including your new SONY eReader.

I appreciate the frustration but I keep getting the sense that people feel their own situation encapsulates a universal perspective. If you were a store selling these and could give me a failure rate for a statistically significant sample size I would pay attention, beyond that it's just bad luck. Utilise that warranty and on-sell your replacement whilst your enjoying your new SONY eReader. Life's too short to be getting upset over consumer goods.

EDIT: @EverC I would have done the same though I'd likely have been tempted to try a swap for another unit first. Like you said life is too short. That SONY T1 looks like it will be a nice option. I'd definitely look at it if I didn't have the KT.

Last edited by molman; 09-10-2011 at 04:08 AM.