View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 07:23 AM   #53
bartveld
Evangelist
bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KA1, Galaxy S8, Galaxy Tab A 10.1, ReMarkable
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffaloseven View Post
So, starting with thickening...

I'm trying to thicken up the free font Andada. I set the values to 4 & 2 respectively for bolding it, and the result is rather ugly looking. A lot of the subtle curves are now sharp and blocky. Is there an easy way to smooth things back out?
Actually, this is where screen resolutions come into play. Once you've done this thickening and then you doubleclick on any glyph, you see a big pic of the glyph and you'll see it's as smooth as can be. It's the small previews which are ugly, but not necessarily on your reader. I've tried 4/2 with your Andada and it seems like a subtle but possibly effective thickening.
bartveld is offline   Reply With Quote