View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 05:22 PM   #1
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
Calibre problems

Hi. I've used Calibre a bit, with success. But today I've tried to do some things that have gone wrong. The first is, bringing a batch of .prc files into the Calibre library has resulted in the error:

list index out of range
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "main.py", line 646, in add_books
File "main.py", line 691, in _add_books
File "calibre\gui2\library.pyo", line 167, in add_books
File "calibre\library\database2.pyo", line 1132, in add_books
File "calibre\library\database2.pyo", line 688, in add_format
File "calibre\library\database2.pyo", line 242, in refresh_ids
IndexError: list index out of range

I have no idea what to do with that.

The second is:

I selected some files and clicked "remove from library." All I wanted to do was remove them from the library listing, not delete the actual book files. I was, shall we say, aghast to see that the books themselves were gone from Windows Explorer. I was able to recover some from the recycle bin, but not most of them. Is there something I can do to recover these files, or are they just gone?

If they are gone for good, I would have to say this is not Calibre's best feature. At the very least, it would be much more user-friendly if it asked, "Do you want to remove the files from your computer?" before deleting them.

Thirdly, I had a number conversions to EPUB format fail. (However, I did not copy and paste the long error details, so I guess troubleshooting on that will have to wait.)

Thanks.
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote