View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #53
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Browsing in a bookshop and then buying online strikes me as being fundamentally dishonest. If you browse in a shop, buy in that shop. If you don't, the shop isn't going to be there much longer.
I did that with my camera, and I paid a couple hundred bucks more for it than I would have on Amazon. The reason being, there is an excellent local camera shop who knew a hell of a lot more about cameras than I ever will, and they took a couple of hours selling me something cheaper than what I went in for, that was much better suited to my needs. (And I ended up spending as much anyway, with a greatly upgraded lens.)

Unfortunately, there isn't a book store in the world that's going to give me meaningful advice on what books to buy, and I doubt I'm unique.
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote