View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 03:07 PM   #2
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
I think you did a good job on this and appreciate the effort you put forth. I think you are 100% on with the Dingo releases and hopefully this clears up your doubts about that:

Open the attached PDF, it is the procedure for downgrading from Ermine to Dingo. It tells you to download either the EE or PE golden.update.zip and in the last steps says your device will now be running the LATEST Dingo build. Also note that the instructions specifically tell you that this is not an upgrade or downgrade but a complete reformat.

OK, so how come so many different files. Here's what I think:

The golden.update.zip will install either Dingo 1.11 on the full size Edge and Dingo 1.13 on the Pocket Edge. It is the complete OS and will wipe your Edge clean.

The update.zip file is exactly that, and is available for those owners who happen to get an Edge with an older Dingo version installed.

If my EE comes with Dingo 1.0 (the first Dingo release) the update.zip will bring that up to Dingo 1.11 without having to install the entire OS and without loss of data and personal settings

If my Pocket Edge comes with Dingo 1.11 the update.zip will bring that up to Dingo 1.13 without having to install the entire OS and without loss of data and personal settings.

Entourage shipped these units at various times and the exact OS at the time of shipment may not have always been the most recent update. Case in point with the owners who had Coyote installed. The same applies for Dingo. Some versions of the EE and the PE shipped with older versions of Dingo and the update.zip just brings those up to the latest build without having to install the entire OS.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Revert from Ermine (Froyo) back to Dingo.pdf (24.2 KB, 479 views)

Last edited by obsessed2; 02-25-2012 at 03:14 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote