View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 08:13 AM   #247
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
About format quality - I got so many different mistakes that it is easier to add txt file to the book record.

For example (all concerning mobi or prc)
- some places/chapters are indented
- indent too big (for my small screen)
- headings not centered
- * * * not centered
- should be empty row (like between chapters)
- paragraphs missing
- paragraphs in places where they should not be (middle of sentence)
- no italics
- no empty place between some words
- too much ads and stuff before actual book starts
- typos

Just some that came easily to mind. Most of them I will not know about before reading the converted book. And if I don't note them while reading, I'll probably forget something.

Also I can use txt file for notes about what steps I took and how successful I was. So Quality=4 says to me 'some minor things I couldn't fix', clicking on txt gives more detailed info. If I decide to cut things like "CO<sub><span style="font-size:xx-small">2</span></sub>" in favor of "CO<sub>2</sub>", I'll make note of it - just in case I want to change it back in the far future.