View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 03:01 PM   #26
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimulkan View Post
2. Otherwise, one could bypass sysd altogether by directly talking to the delta controller (ioctl() call). Anyone doing this will need to use the correct control/waveform codes as used in display.c in sysd. I am not sure if there is a danger of angering sysd (or the delta controller) by doing this, but I think the worst that could happen is multiple refreshes.
I am experimenting with this option 2, I looked at the test directory of erscribble (Sources\1.5\iRex\libs\erscribble\test). Apart from updating the drawing via gtk it also uses the delta controller. So I am calling these erscribble_driver-calls from my mxSudoku program and you see the feedback almost immediately. The drawing is a little light grey.
HOWEVER: The DR hangs completely after some time (it is not reacting to keys or stylus) and a reset is needed to get the device working again. I got it working only for less then an hour so I am not sure what triggers the hang-up of the device. I will integrate the code with xournal and post it here so more people can experiment with it.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote