View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 12:27 PM   #39
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
I have had 2 replacements, so total of 3 devices. I settled on the 2nd replacement.
I didn't have the issues though that many here had. I had no color blobs. No pink or green or such. My first one had a very bright "hole" smack in the middle bottom and it was not level. I mean the display was mounted on crooked. I measured 2 mm of difference from left to right. It is very annoying when you read and the font line goes downwards on the right. It was very noticeable.
The first replacement had 2 very bright light spots, one on the left bottom corner. I could actually see how the layers had separated from each other causing a glaring leak no matter the light setting. It also had a thumb size bright spot on the bottom right. Like one of the lights was like a beam and much brighter than the others. If it just had been slight, I would have dealt with it, but it was again very annoying and noticeable.

The 2nd replacement I then kept, its frame is not glued down properly and is sticking up all on the top and down the side. Hard to explain, but next to the rubber frame on the device it sticks up at the very edge. It also has the darkest smudges between the lights of all 3 devices. I decided to stick with it as customer service got a bit reluctant and after I stuck the PW into the official cover, I wasn't too worried about the frame not being glued down. I don't have to touch those areas now.

I guess I figured it has a 1 year warranty and if it comes apart, I can always call later. So far it has stayed exactly how it was and its not bothering me.

It does also have a slight tilted screen, but not as bad as the first one.

So I did settle a bit, but I don't notice anything anymore when I read now.

I just got tired of all the stress of replacing and moving books and stressing out. I just wanted to read.

But the first 2 devices, I would not have been able to deal with its defects. They were just too distracting.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote