Thread: Bug report
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 08:23 AM   #178
drcain
drcain began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by savingtrees View Post
yes troll is probably right. The last stage of the booting process is the point where the system looks for the books you've stored on your device and where it creates the database. Although it appears to you that nothing happens it is very likely that in the background the system is pretty active trying to rebuild the database. This can take hours (let's say up to 20 hours).
Most people report this after they have deleted all the books which were supplied with the ebook reader.

The big question is: have you deleted a lot of files recently? or added a large number of books?

If the answer is "yes" then it is very easy to fix: You just have to be _very_ patient and it will fix itself.

Let us know what the answer to the question mentioned above is. I can provide you thread to some success stories.
Hello savingtrees,

Yes, I've done some cleanup of unwanted books in the device memory recently, but it had worked for a while after that. All my personal books are on SD card only, so when the SD card is out, it should not try to rebuild the DB from it.

OK, I have two things to try now:
1. try to let the DB rebuild itselfs (I will keep the book on for several hours stuck on the "bookland's" page)
2. I will take out the battery for several hours

I will let you know the results.
Thank you, I really apperciate all of you guys trying to help.
drcain is offline   Reply With Quote