Thread: Bug report
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 04:45 AM   #175
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by drcain View Post
Hello,

I have very serious problem with Pocketbook 902 Pro.
When I turn the reader on, it hangs on the "Bookland's" page, and never boots completely. It's also not accessible from the PC.

This is second time this happened - I have returned the first Pocketbook 902 in 7 days after purchase with the very same issue, they have sent me a new one - this happened again to new one again after 7 days. So there's no use getting a new one as it is clearly a software issue and will happen again to any Pocketbook 902 Pro.

So far nothing I found in other threads (and other websites) helped. I've made a quite extensive research on this topic.

Interesting thing is, that the firmware update still works (the OS must be alive then), so I have tried all possible firmware versions (2.0.3, 2.0.4, 2.0.5, 2.0.6) and their RU, NA, EU alternates - with no luck - the pocketbook still never boots completely and hangs on the "Bookland's" page (same with every firmware, with or without SD card, plugged or unplugged).

Can anyone please address this issue?

I've seen everybody talking about the "hard reset", but nobody mentions a correct button combination.. anyway - it would be GREAT to know what the heck is going on during the last stage of booting and why it can't continue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Hi,
this problem normally occurs only after loading bigger amounts of books on your device, and seems to be related to internal organization of the database. If you have your books on an SD card try removing it and boot again, it should then start in the main menu. If you have it back to life shut down and insert the card, after starting up give it some minutes and then enter your library via "Favourites".
With my 602 this worked 100%.
If you have only internal memory I would suggest a Hard reset with FW update. Don't know how it's done exactly, but It's oftem mentioned in similar threads and also describe somewhere in the manual. Otherwise contact support. After that,
GET AN SD CARD ASAP

Bye...
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote