Thread: Bug report
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 08:31 PM   #172
drcain
drcain began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Pro
Exclamation VERY SERIOUS HANG ISSUE WITH 902 Pro

Hello,

I have very serious problem with Pocketbook 902 Pro.
When I turn the reader on, it hangs on the "Bookland's" page, and never boots completely. It's also not accessible from the PC.

This is second time this happened - I have returned the first Pocketbook 902 in 7 days after purchase with the very same issue, they have sent me a new one - this happened again to new one again after 7 days. So there's no use getting a new one as it is clearly a software issue and will happen again to any Pocketbook 902 Pro.

So far nothing I found in other threads (and other websites) helped. I've made a quite extensive research on this topic.

Interesting thing is, that the firmware update still works (the OS must be alive then), so I have tried all possible firmware versions (2.0.3, 2.0.4, 2.0.5, 2.0.6) and their RU, NA, EU alternates - with no luck - the pocketbook still never boots completely and hangs on the "Bookland's" page (same with every firmware, with or without SD card, plugged or unplugged).

Can anyone please address this issue?

I've seen everybody talking about the "hard reset", but nobody mentions a correct button combination.. anyway - it would be GREAT to know what the heck is going on during the last stage of booting and why it can't continue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
drcain is offline   Reply With Quote