Thread: Bug report
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 01:24 AM   #170
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
Exclamation

Pocketbook 602
firmware 2.0.4 (latest)
I'm unable to edit the ppp connection script which is preventing me from forming a usable network connection over bluetooth.

I'm not a Linux guru or aware of every last trick regarding the device, if there is a work-around please let me know.

I've observed the content of the script being used in /var/etc/chat.ppp , which isn't a permanent location so its probably copied/generated from another location.

To form a ppp link to my pc (Windows XP Pro running its ppp server 'routing and remote access' service) the device needs to have the following lines in the script:
Code:
'' 'CLIENT'
'' 'CLIENT'
CLIENTSERVER ''
Which is expected on the server side.

Please help me work around it or fix this bug, there shouldn't be a need to buy a wifi router, a bluetooth access point or a dedicated data plan on a cellphone just to compensate for this overlooked option.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote