Old 02-22-2011, 05:10 AM   #167
donbex
donbex began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonex View Post
Hi there!
Hello to you, Bonex.
First of all, please notice that I own a PB 602, not a 902. Currently it runs the 2.04 Euro firmware, which installed flawlessly.

Quote:
1. In Adobe Reader the dictionary almost never finds the word I select. Even simple words like "from" or "some".
I never experienced this. My reader displays the correct entry when looking up a word (present in the current dictionary), both in fbreader and in AdobeReader.

Quote:
2. The dictionary, with both epub's and pdf's, is now painfully slow because it tries to look up and display each word I encounter while moving the cursor to the word I need. Isn't it possible to have the meaning of a word displayed only when I confirm with the center button?
I experienced this, though. It seems like they reduced the time between when you select a word and when the dictionary app looks it up.

Quote:
3. The virtual keyboard is less responsive.
Oddly, I noticed this only with two buttons over four (right and down).

Quote:
4. I remember that in f/w 2.0.2 the whole word was highlighted while using the dictionary with epub's, then with 2.0.3 it started to show only a thin bar. Pdfviewer, though, still has the old behaviour (which looks better, IMO).
I think that what you call the "old" behaviour is that of fbreader and pdfreader, while the "new" one is that of AdobeReader.

Quote:
4b. Using the TTS, the sentence that is being read is not highlighted. Instead some black bar is drawn on the left of the screen. On youtube there are videos of last IFA where you can see the correct behaviour! Again a feature that gets worse?
I never used TTS, sorry.

Quote:
5. In Library with the option to show both book details and covers, the wrong author is shown for PDF's. I noticed that the reader keeps showing the same name that was displayed in the same location a moment before for another book. To reproduce it: create two directories, one with some epubs, the other with pdf's. Open the epub dir. The author of the first book is, say, "Bonex". Now open the pdf dir. The first book is for example a novel by Agatha Christie but the reader displays "Bonex" again.
I never experienced anything similar. The only thing I could suggest you about this is to try again after setting "Apperance"->"Page full update"->"Always".

Quote:
6. I noticed that the "Digital Editions" directory contains thumbnails for the pdf books I have, but they are never displayed in the Library.
Never used "Digital Editions", sorry.

Quote:
7. If you don't touch any button for a few minutes the clock is grayed out on the status bar. With 2.0.3 if you pushed a button you could hear a noise from the speakers. You can still hear it with 2.0.4 (but it is quieter).
The speaker thing is known behaviour.
I think that graying out the clock is actually better than displaying a freezed clock.

Anyway, I think you should try to reinstall the 2.0.4 firmware. Maybe some of the misbehaviours you noticed are due to some error in the install process.
donbex is offline   Reply With Quote