View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 01:23 PM   #10
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I think a lot of it is the eink screen. Do we know if it's dropping in price? They could sell it at a lower margin, but I think they're aware that a lot of people could get their books elsewhere, so they lose that reoccuring revenue. Ahh tricky things.

Then again, I buy enough books from Sony single handedly to keep them running for a while
i'm pretty sure those screens cost a lot less than some might (want us to) think they cost.

and, as the production rates increase, the costs will decrease, so they will end up costing even less than they currently do.

as for the recurring revenue of books... they seem to be making a big effort there too, especially with the google partnership (who knows where that could lead...) and the huge increases in their offer lately. if they would just start selling epub format i might even buy from them myself.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote