View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #15
freewheeling
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh2000 View Post
They had me going for the first couple of months with promises of a firmware update that would contain the web browser they sold it as having already. Of course that never arrived.

If the device doesn't do what you want it to do now, don't rely on a firmware update adding it.
Andrew:

Well, in this case all they'd need to do is add a facility to the already very useful summary function. But it should have been done before release. They've now got a ton of reviews out there that say the device is useless, including Consumer Reports. So down the road when (not if) I wear out the buttons and the battery, where do I go to have it refurbished when it's out of production? So I think I have to return it.

BTW, the Nexus 10 screen for PDF viewing is 8% smaller than the iPad and other 9.7 inch screens. Is it too small? I guess you could always rotate and get the whole 8.5 inches across. But it's kind of a hassle and it's not really a reader. (Nor is the iPad, really.) That leaves the M92 and the PB 912. Of the 2 I think the M92 Pro is the better buy, but is it available in the US?