View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 05:39 PM   #15
Pax
Zealot
Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3, Sony PRS 650
I also don't approve to this rule to a certain extent.
English is not my mother tongue, so I have some experiences in reading books in a foreign language.
When you are a beginner and just started to learn the language, you have to improve step by step.
So maybe for this situation you can apply this rule, however in my opinion after you reached a certain level and you feel rather confident in your language skills, you should go beyond that 5 finger rule.

From my experiences every author has its own way of writing and so his own prefered vocabulary. Whenever I switch an author, it can be "difficult", but you can get used to it rather quickly.
Pax is offline   Reply With Quote