View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 10:05 AM   #59
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
Seems like all the new kindle books use custom font and huge line spacing. The option to disable publisher font is usually not available. I have to run them through calibre and convert to mobi. So far, the publishers have only taken advantage of "advanced" formatting features to annoy me.
There is a bug in the KF8 code for eInk Kindles where the line height is just too big (on a normal font). Even the smallest line height setting in the AA menu can be too big. That's why I created Charis SIL Modified and Charis SIL Compact. Both have a smaller line height on a Kindle using KF8. So if you use the USE_ALT_FONTS trick on a Kindle Touch (5.3.2 firmware) or Kindle PW. You can use one of my versions of Charis SIL from the font menu (if the KF8 eBook allows it).

If you have a Kindle, have a look at the following thread. There are links (to my various versions of Charis SIL) and discussion about fonts. Very good reading.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=202238
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote