View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 11:36 AM   #14
renee0986
Enthusiast
renee0986 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldyellr View Post
Well, I just received this charger I ordered and I'm delighted!

The cord is about 15" longer than my original Kobo charger and thicker, yet flexible, unlike the skinny zipcord on the original that the dog or cat liked to chew. My Kobo one has detachable prongs, but current Kobo ones don't. Also, the current Kobo USB connector does not plug in flush, so it seems like it's not fully plugged in, but this one does.

And, yes, it does work with the Vox battery indicator. Definitely a good value for $12 including shipping.
Aside from not charging via USB (which sometimes becomes an pain while traveling in planes that don't offer any other power source other than USB) my biggest complaint with charging my Vox is that the cord is never long enough. It is impossible for me to charge and read from the outlet closest to the bed or my favorite reading chair without the use of an extension cord. This cord may be worth the $12 for the extra 15" of length.

After using this cord do you find that it charges on par with the original charging cord that comes with the Vox?
renee0986 is offline   Reply With Quote