View Single Post
Old 06-17-2007, 09:25 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Montgomery, L. M.: Emily of New Moon. v1. 17 June 07

This is payback time for me. I've been so busy posting books that I want that I haven't done much of anything for those readers who like things different from what I like. Many of us have so many different tastes in reading...

I know there are a lot people who read and love the books by L. M. Montgomery, author of the Anne of Green Gables books.

Although I haven't read any her books, I thought I'd go ahead and do four titles. (Earlier - a month ago? - I did one of the "Anne" books because a reader asked for one.)

The first three titles form a trilogy, featuring a young girl named Emily. These are the titles:
  1. Emily of New Moon
  2. Emily Climbs
  3. Emily's Quest

About the first book, here's a quote:

"Lucy Maud Montgomery has been beloved by generations of readers for her Anne of Green Gables stories. In the celebrated Emily trilogy, of which Emily of New Moon is the first volume, Montgomery draws a more realistic portrait of a young girl’s life on Prince Edward Island. The twin threads of bright and dark, love and cruelty, hope and despair intertwine in a pattern as significant as it is enduring."

On the second volume:

"In the second volume of the celebrated Emily trilogy, Lucy Maud Montgomery traces the often stormy course of Emily Starr’s life as she moves from the world of childhood into that of school and adolescence.

"Emily Climbs unsentimentally reveals the world of the young as it really is – with its great moments of unalloyed wonder and joy, as well as its cruelty and suffering.

"Along with Emily of New Moon and Emily’s Quest, Emily Climbs is a vivid, heartfelt portrait of youth and the road to maturity."

And from the third volume:

"The third and final volume of Lucy Maud Montgomery’s celebrated Emily trilogy, Emily’s Quest is a vigorously drawn study of a woman coming to terms with love and her own ambition. In no other novel did Montgomery explore more fully the beauty, complexity, and wonder of love. In every detail, this mature novel, by one of the world’s best-loved authors, captures the drama and confusion of a young life on the brink.

"Along with Emily of New Moon and Emily Climbs, Emily’s Quest is an honest and poignant portrait of a singular woman"

I hope you enjoy these.

Don
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Montgomery, L. M. - Emily of New Moon.lrf (380.7 KB, 1155 views)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 06-17-2007 at 09:33 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote