View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 08:57 PM   #2
EricLandes
Connoisseur
EricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle PW, Kobo Aura HD, Galaxy Note 10.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nessin View Post
I'm in the middle of converting a bunch of PDFs into epub with Calibre but I have a few files in which I have both a PDF and a DOC/RTF file for. The PDF, in most cases, is a direct copy of the DOC/RTF (converted via the Adobe Acrobat PDF print driver) so there isn't any reason to use one or the other.

Does Calibre work better with either particular format (likewise with HTML/LIT, which I don't think I have to deal with right now but for the future is HTML/LIT better than PDF/DOC/RTF)?
In general, you're always going to have better luck going from a text-based format into an eReader format. PDF is a page-based format.

PDF is, always, the last format I choose for a source when doing conversions.
EricLandes is offline   Reply With Quote