View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 11:26 AM   #82
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Take a look at the official Amazon photos here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...d_i=1000841011

That one in the lower left is filled with bluish green blobs. Yet it is shown as a "normal" unit.

If I look very close at that photo the person here posted, I can barely see a faint line. It is really not very noticeable at all to my eyes. It is more of a faint shadow rather than a clear line with high contrast.

I'm afraid we are all getting very picky on these screens and may never be satisfied.

When I read an eBook, I rarely look for font defects, screen defects, etc. I just want to be able to read the eBook and enjoy it.

Naturally, if I couldn't read the words at all, I would be upset. That is definitely NOT the issue on the poster's photo. Those fonts look great and have good contrast with the screen.

If I look at my own unit (I've posted 2 photos here of it), I really am not distracted in my reading by the screen. However, others here have picked out what they perceive are serious defects.

To me, my unit looks perfect.

That may be the reason some are getting 2, 3 and even more replacements and they all look bad to them. They will never be satisfied. Amazon may not solve this problem either. Its really a user perception, not a physical error.

The real error that Amazon made was the name choice, "Paper WHITE." The name gives the user a false expectation of perfection. A better name would have been "Paper LIGHT" to reflect the internal light and the low weight of the device.
In all honesty, the pictures you posted of your PW had gigantic font on them, so would you see any defects even if you looked for them? I wish I could ignore the issues mine had, because I REALLY, REALLY like the interface and the way the PW looks when switched off. Very nice body.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote