Thread: Android tablet
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 02:54 PM   #32
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
The current Enso Zenpad has a pretty small screen -- the entire device is only 5" long. Personally, I'd hold out for a 7" model if e-books is a prime, but not exclusive, requirement. I'm quite excited about what appears to be coming down the pipe for Android devices -- it looks like a veritable deluge of devices arriving in the next 90 to 180 days and from start-ups to mainstream vendors.

Nonetheless, the specs for the Enso Zenpad are impressive:
http://www.enso-now.com/specifications/

They claim forward compatibility with Android 2.x (ships with 1.6); wifi built in; 8GB SDHC card included; can expand to 32 GB. Two drawbacks: there is no HDMI output and any device which needs a stylus gives me great pause. That's also another reason to consider a larger screen. The six hr battery life is ok but the next gen are all going to be in the 10 hr range -- Apple having set this new standard. Oh yah, and there is no accelerometer -- which is pretty much a must have in this class of device.

I do like the price: under $200 which includes worldwide shipping.

As an alternative if money is really burning a hole in your pocket, there is the SmartQ V7 at under $300 including shipping. I'd also keep my eye on the Huawei Smakit 7; there are a couple of details videos online that are mighty tasty.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote