Thread: Error on import
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 04:56 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
This is the error message I'm getting.

"ERROR: Adding failed: The add books process seems to have hung. Try restarting calibre and adding the books in smaller increments, until you find the problem book."

I'm trying to add one book that is about 4MB in HTML. No images.

I tried re-starting Calibre and importing but that didn't work. I'm not sure how much memory is needed to import long ebooks?

Any advice would be appreciated. In the past I used to be able to import large ebooks without problem so I'm not sure if this is a problem due to upgrading to the newest Calibre 6.45.
I'm betting it has less to do with size and more with what code might be inside.

Can you currently add other books?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote