View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 07:54 PM   #14
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
And then there were two! It's been fun watching the vote. I'll post the one-day run-off poll a little later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I'd have preferred James or Mauriac or Abélard and Héloïse, but I liked Achebe best of the front runners.

My only issue with O'Neill is that I've planned to read At Swim, Two Birds for a long time and I figured I'd need to get that in first, and where's the time?
Heh, I had actually considered separately nominating Flann O'Brien's "At Swim-Two-Birds" as well! I'm not sure if there's much to worry about the two overlapping though - Boys seems a serious novel while Birds seems a comedic experimental work - but they could have similarities I'm unaware of and regardless, with the title name-play it does make it tempting to want to read the O'Brien first.

ETA - The one-day run-off poll is up.

Last edited by sun surfer; 08-05-2013 at 10:27 PM.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote