View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 10:14 AM   #9
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilamont View Post
Someone asked me why I didn't use the blue cover in the second set of designs (Dropbox is blue, and it looks more aesthetically pleasing). My answer: When I shrunk it to thumb size and superimposed it over the Amazon search for "Dropbox book" it didn't really stand out. The orange cover does (you can try this yourself, save the image from my blog and then crop it to the different colors, and superimpose it over the same search terms).

For Ebooks this is all that really matters. The cover AS A THUMBNAIL must look:

1) DIFFERENT enough to stick out and draw the eye.

2) INTRESTING enough to cause the shopper to look to learn more.

IMO nothing else about the cover really matters. The hard part is doing that.

In Ebook land, the full size cover is almost completely impact-less, only the thumbnail matters. IMO
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote