View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 10:31 AM   #3
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
"Planet of the Apes" is one of my favorite novels. Although I have a hard time coming up with something that would be an exact representation of the ideas behind the novel, I can think of at least one other series that is fairly similar that I also enjoyed reading: The Gaea Trilogy by John Varley.

It consists of three novels, Titan, Wizard, and Demon. These take place primarily on a large space habitat orbiting Saturn. Basically, you have a crew of astronauts being abducted in to the station and finding a world controlled by a powerful intelligence and inhabited by various creatures similar to our mythological monsters.
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote