View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 06:17 AM   #30
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post

I appreciate this a lot because I think one of my hardest obstacles is writing fiction is exactly this being able to imagine/put myself in the scene and/or as the character. I tend to approach it all too logically -- more like the programming (which I've done for 30 years now!) method described above. I'm have and am working to get beyond that but it is difficult for me. I noted in the Faulkner Advice to Writers thread I started where he appears to just "follow the characters" in order to get the book written.

I wonder how many programmers there are among us here. I have have been writing software since 1983...starting to wonder if there is over lap in the skill set for writing software and books.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote