View Single Post
Old 04-27-2008, 06:53 AM   #7
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberts324 View Post
Now, everything works as before, except the "change bookshelves" function. When I use it, nothing appears in the Librarian's window at the bottom, and I still get the error message I wrote about...

So my conclusion is that there is still something to find - though it is not a serious problem at al.
At least, now, you have restored your main functionality! Changing bookshelves from the EBW1150 is now "just a frill"

Quote:
However, I checked that when you try to change shelves, the GEBLibrarian is aware of it, and says it received a command, but not which one... Hence I conclude the problem could be with the version of the reader's software.

Here is the information I get when I rin "info" then "more" on the device:
Viewer: 4.2f17 SN: GC0000389045.

Do you think this software version is current?
My EBW1150 has older firmware i.e. Viewer: 4.1f43 and a different SerialNumber

Make sure you do complete the 'change bookshelves' by doing the part in bold below:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Follow these steps:
There should be a book catgegory called 'GEB eBook Librarian' at the top of the Online Bookshelf display screen.

Then there should be one 'eBook' listed there called 'Select Bookshelf - currently [ ... ]' with author 'breeno.org'.

If you click that eBook, you should get 'Thank you for using the GEB eBook Librarian ' at the top, with the different Bookshelves available below the text 'To change bookshelves, please tap on one of the following:'

After you tap any of the Bookshelf names listed, it will display a message indicating that the bookshelf has been changed to that name and that you should tap 'Online Bookshelf' (via the icon) again.

Your newly selected bookshelf should now be listed.
This last step is done solely on the EBW1150 and basically retreives the new bookshelf as 'served' by GEBLibrarian.

If you did that last (bold) step, then I am at a loss to understand what else could be interfering here.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote