View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 05:12 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowayhouse View Post
A while back someone shared how to "EXPLODE" your epub file to tweak text.
I tried to do that and, though I opened the HTML file with Text Edit (mac), saved the file, closed the finder window, and selected "Rebuild"... nothing changed.

Am I missing something?
Thanks for any insights.
That sound like you did it correctly.
If it did not show correctly (work):
1) Your edit was not saved (not saved as a new name that would require additional edits elsewhere)

2)You made an error in your coding of a stylesheet entry that gets ignored by the browser.

3)You are trying to do something that Calibre/Sigils (or brand X) browser does render (most browsers have quirks. All different )

4)A cascaded style is overriding your change.

5)you are viewing a different format than EPUB without converting from EPUB to that format.

6)Something else
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote