View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 11:26 AM   #11
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Well, I got the Jetbook almost two years ago when it didn't really support any proper ebook formats other than .fb2. It did support pdfs and txt files though. Epub was pretty new back then, so most of the time, I downloaded .lit books (non-drm'd ones, I have never bought a book with drm) and then converted them to html files and finally used a command line utility to convert them to pdfs (I forget which one right now).

I had also developed a little perl script to reformat PG .txt files since I prefer indentation in my books to indicate new paragraphs. Jetbook later handled this automatically

These days, with the Jetbook, I never really feel the need to do much. I just keep my books organized in a file tree organized by genre --> author --> individual books, and then I can just copy the whole tree over to the SD card or do an rsync on it.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote