View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 03:04 AM   #72
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molarsa View Post
I've been using Calibre Companion since the beta was released and haven't had any major problems, but after not using it for a few days and trying to fire it up today to transfer a couple of new epubs from Calibre to Mantano, I find that Calibre Companion is failing to connect to Calibre every time. I'm using the latest version of the Companion app (1.6.1), and Calibre (0.8.65) and testing it on a Nexus 7 and Galaxy Nexus.
The place to start is with a calibre debug log (see FAQ item 3 on the first post of this thread). That will tell you if the smartapp driver is actually listening on the network, and if so on what port. It will also tell you if calibre "sees" a connection request, and if so what happens to it. Post the results, including the log, and we will go from there.

Question: after setting the fixed IP address & port, you said that the connection progress spinner appears and goes away, and "and nothing happens". I am assuming that means that "disconnect" does not appear in the action bar. Right?

BTW: the uninstall/reinstall will have erased CC's database. Once we get the connection working, you will need to transfer the books again.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote