View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 01:47 PM   #12
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
No, if you have Sony Reader you can't buy from Amazon.com. If they switch to ePub and the DRM IS THE SAME than the other bookshops, you will be able to buy at any shop with ePub format.

I haven't seen the Kindle 2, but I've seen the Sony PRS-600 and I don't like the screen. I prefer the PRS-300 (or, in Spain, you could think about Papyre).
Let's stay correct. Yes, you can buy books from Amazon, no you can't load them on your Sony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
***Can you easily buy books in the sony store now, as European?***

Sure you can, Sweetpea. The trick is not to. Who needs 'em? There are so many sources for books that you don't ever need to look at Sony's recommended stores to fill your Sony Reader. Neil
There are books that Sony and Amazon have that I'd love to buy. Amazon only has it in Topaz but if Sony is going to sell epub I'd get them there if I could buy there without using a trick...

And remember, we're talking about someone without a lot of computer knowledge who only wants some easy way to get books. If you'd buy a Kindle, getting Kindle books is easy from Amazon (but a Kindle is a bad idea as it will only read Kindle books and European stores are selling epubs mostly)

But you say that he should pick a sony because the sony store wills start selling epub. Which is of no use, naturally, if you can't easily buy books from the sony store as an European. But, the sony itself can still be a good choice, because it can read epub and thus books from European bookstores.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote