View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 06:23 AM   #21
DrunkenDonkey
Connoisseur
DrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kindle PW2
True about natural aging, however it is not that drastic. My good old trusty bb, which I used drain to zero, charge to max policy is still holding close to 2 weeks on a charge with 15+ min of conversations daily, thats on its 4th year. Used to be 3 weeks when new. Same holds for the shaver and the toothbrush, last device I needed to replace the battery was very old siemens phone, still using ni-mh battery and that was 12 years ago, so a little care for the batteries goes a long way.
The reason I asked about standby consumption is because of Sony PRS-505, which is dead for 3 weeks even without reading a single page, but if pw does have a better power saving mode then it is okay.

Last edited by DrunkenDonkey; 01-04-2013 at 06:27 AM.
DrunkenDonkey is offline   Reply With Quote