View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 07:07 PM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Not many Self publish novels on Amazon have a TOC. I would download the RTF at Smashwords or do a htmlz in Calibre and edit it in Word or open office. A regex seach for all caps "[A-Z]{3,}" should help you find the chapters and section breaks to mark them. Once done save then reimport into Calibre and that will add the breaks for you.

Edit: I take it back. I tried straighten all the styles out in Word but there are too many issues with different font sizes, indentation and styles in the weirdest places. I finally just imported it into Book Designer to get rid of the odd fonts styles and sizes. I marked the Chapter headers and added some soft breaks and saved. I then used Notepad2 changing the Div tags to paragraph tags and removing the justification. I used Calibre to add indentation and a working TOC. So now I have readable copy with good formatting.

Trust in Me which I paid for was the same way.

Last edited by Blossom; 06-14-2011 at 04:40 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote