Thread: Seriousness VHS to DVD conversion
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 11:42 AM   #10
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I've had a go at this myself in the past, and rapidly came to the conclusion that using a DVD recorder was by far the easiest way to do it. These days if I want to get something onto my PC, I record it on a rewritable DVD, rip it on my PC, and then re-use the DVD.
I've owned two ATI All-in Wonder video cards with the built-in tuners (and thus the ability to connect a VCR in through the coax antenna connection) and the capture quality on both was underwhelming. Paid several hundred dollars for each, too. I bought one of these (I paid more than $20 for mine) last December but haven't tried it yet-- I need to buy an extra VCR to use with it. Probably a great deal for 6 bucks, but I'd still stick with the stand-alone suggestion.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote