View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 09:24 PM   #69
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scveteran View Post
I am sorry to disagree with you...
I agree. You SHOULD be sorry to disagree. The "fine print" came out before anyone got one only because people kept badgering BN to answer the question with more than a quote of the vague FAQ "answer".

You are absolutely correct, however, that in this country (and I arrogantly assume the U.S., cuz that's where I am) that the standard is what any reasonable person would expect. I am a reasonable person, and I suspect many of the people in MB are reasonable people.

I fully expected something along the lines that you could loan a book out more than once to more than one person, but only to one person at a time. If we then found it was limited to twice, we would have been a little disappointed that it wasn't more, but not overly disturbed and the thread would have been shorter.

If we had found it was limited to 3 times, this thread would have been a LOT shorter -- and filled mostly with people saying, "No big deal. 3 times is more than enuff. Most paperbacks don't last thru many more than that many reads."

We ARE smart enuff to realize after a little thot that infinite loans would be an unreasonable expectation. We are also smart enuff to recognize when an advertiser tried to pull the wool over our eyes and it didn't work.

And all we are saying now is that if BN had included "limited" in their advertising, there may have been some grumbling about HOW limited, but not 68 posts (69 now that I have posted this one, and 70 when you answer to tell me I am still wrong IYO).

That's okay, I still gave you Karma points cuz your post gave me a chance to up my post count.
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote