View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 05:53 PM   #17667
orange!
Born to be wild
orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle K3 wi-fi, Nexus 7 + Aldiko
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Since I know that you have a large TBR pile, I'd recommend reading the last few pages for the whodunnit, and abandoning it. There's no point wasting your leisure time on something you're not enjoying.
Don't you think that sometimes you have to struggle (at least a little) to get the most out of some books? And by "struggle", I mean, by definition, you're not enjoying it. Well, to bring this down from the abstract to the concrete, I'm trying to decide whether or not to stick with From Here to Eternity. It was one of the daily specials a couple of days ago on Amazon, and since I love to read long books, I bit. But I'm really having a hard time getting into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesMacs View Post
I'm concentrating mostly on The Brothers Karamazov, or as this translation has it, The Karamazov Brothers. I am enjoying it much more now than when I first tried to read it, when I was about 18 or 19.
Speaking of one that's been hard for me to get into, I've probably started this book a half dozen times and never gotten very far. Maybe it's time for me to try again.

Last edited by orange!; 09-12-2013 at 05:55 PM.
orange! is offline   Reply With Quote