View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 02:17 AM   #18
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Hi

Did you try using Sigil with Wine?

I am a Linux user (LMDE64bits) and also a dedicated Sigil user. A number of Linux users had trouble with the Sigil 0.7 release.

- After some difficulties too, I managed to compile Sigil 0.7.0 (using Diap-Dealer's advice) on my 64 bits computer. I did not find a more convenient way to launch it than using a start-up script. I did not update to 0.7.2. I should for this have downloaded the binary of Qt .0.2 and after that compiled again Sigil 0.7.2 and I thought it was not worth the trouble.

- On the other hand, Sigil 0.7.2 is now installed on my computer using Wine. It was a no brain install. I can start it like any other program. It's of course a 32 bit program but for a mere EPUB I really can't notice any drop in performance. The most important is that we can do it with a plain and small 25 MB install.

- Then I have a third Sigil, which is the old 0.6 version which is handy enough for many tasks and that I keep I do not know really why.

I think I will follow on using Sigil this way till the day when Qt5 will be distributed as a standard for Debian. It can be several months away. Life has become not too easy for Sigil Linux users.

To conclude with it: my best advice for now would be to use Sigil with Wine.

Last edited by roger64; 04-22-2013 at 02:24 AM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote