View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 10:32 PM   #20
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
None of my three laptops work that way (HP, Gateway, and a Lenovo). When they report 100% charge they seem to be reasonably accurate, as I watch the "time remaining" while I use them. None of my cell phones ever worked that way either, at least not noticeably.

Seems like a firmware error designed into Sony e-readers, as both of my prior ones did the same thing in the same way (report full but need more time).
Hadn't noticed your reply until post after yours today... my comments are not anecdotal, they are from the specifications and standards of the manufacturers of Li-On/polymer batteries... try google something like "Li-On battery specifications" and you'll find precise data... essentially these batteries take a high current charge until 80-85% charged then drop back to a trickle charge... and that is the recommended way to charge them from the manufacturers of batteries and those who originally invented them...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote