View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 09:46 AM   #6
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverjuly View Post
Other people know more about this than I do, but the Fire is much easier to bring third-party content onto than the Nook. It's very easy to sideload apps and other media. Rooting isn't that hard either, if that's what you're planning on doing. I guess at XDA developers there are some programs that will do it entirely for you. The bottom line is that you can really get content from anywhere.
Thanks, foreverjuly. I often read XDA when rooting other Android gear (CFW, etc.), but I hadn't thought about going there to research the Fire. I had a quick look and in fact there seems to be even more CFW for this device than there was for my Galaxy S. Besides which, releasing only one model tends to unify modders' approach. Users' only complaint seems to be about the 8GB cap.

I'll probably get an iPad3 ultimately when the price comes down (or an Android tablet with comparable screen resolution and power), but a 7-inch tablet with a sparkly IPS for $139 seems difficult to ignore.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 03-29-2012 at 09:58 AM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote