View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 11:03 AM   #8
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I think the Library maintenance tools could use a few more (case sensitivity) recovery helper tools when a path appears to be missing.
I haven't tried to recover from this type of error, so I'm not sure how well the current library recovery and/or maintenance tools work. I agree that recovery/maintenance tools can be written to help if the current tools don't do the job.

It may also be possible to at least identify case-only changes dynamically and do a double change internally to prevent this problem. (Write a temp author/name, then rewrite the correct final names to force case-insensitive OS's to store the correct case even after a case-only change.) It would have some performance impact, but I'm not sure how much. I suspect Kovid would accept code to address these issues if anyone is motivated. Perhaps the new backend database code currently in progress will spot ways to deal with this issue.

Last edited by Starson17; 11-03-2011 at 11:27 AM.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote