View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 12:38 PM   #6
sononkyo
sononkyo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sononkyo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sononkyo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sononkyo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS300S, PRS505S (ret.) PRS 500 (ret.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I don't see how this remotely affects Sony eReaders any more than Kindles and Nooks and all the rest. I too desire to see the Sony line of eReaders continue, but I think you are pulling at straw to read anything into this announcement other than the fact that Rawlings is trying to make even more money from her Harry Potter Empire. She obviously, and smartly, wants to control the sales and distribution of her eBooks and avoid as much distribution costs as possible.
Of course this will help Sony eReaders. If you have to go to the site to buy the book and you see a Sony eReader right beside it, it's the path of least resistance.

Will this convert Nook or Amazon readers? No, it's not a game-changing strategy and Sony is looking for first time e-reader buyers, not the "trendy" early adopter types who frequent this message board.

It does, however, have the potential to start a trend towards a platform-agnostic e-reader.
sononkyo is offline   Reply With Quote