View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 11:55 AM   #14
MrHatandClogs
MrHatandClogs doesn't litterMrHatandClogs doesn't litter

Device: Literati
Quote:
Originally Posted by vjplo View Post
I just discovered this forum. Thanks for the tips. Love my Literati but it has taken a bit of research and time to get it running, which is probably why there are so many 1-star reviews. Not everyone shares my mindset....master it or die trying.

Right now my main disappointment is battery life. It's fine for home and office but will disappoint when I travel. Is this something that can (and if so presumably will) be improved by a future upgrade? Are there any backup battery systems that will work with the Literati?
You're very welcome. I was the same way, I was like..."I only payed $60 for this reader, I will make it work!!!!" LOL!

I'm with you on the battery, I wish it would last longer.

I've noticed that if it has a full charge, with wifi off, it will last for about 5-6 hours when reading books.

I've also noticed that if you are reading something that has color in it, (i.e. newspapers, magazines, kids books, etc.) it burns the battery up a lot faster.

And if it's something that has a lot of sections like a newspaper that has to load a lot more than a normal book it will burn up faster as well.

As I posted above, I've heard that generation 1 Kindle car chargers work for the Literati. But I haven't tried this myself so don't take my word for it.

I have yet to ask the Literati Tech support about this, but I will be contacting them again with other questions, so I will try to find out.
MrHatandClogs is offline   Reply With Quote