View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 06:35 PM   #1
swanberg
swanberg began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Post Purchased Nook content syncing with Calibre

I buy most of my ebooks straight from my Nook.

I haven't found a good way to manage these books with Calibre (OS X) yet.

The best way I've found to get my newly purchased books into Calibre is to open the Nook in the finder, sort my books by date, and then drag the new books onto Calibre to add them.

Sometimes when I plug in my Nook and browse the content through Calibre, I can see the new books. But they're not in my Calibre library.

Dragging the books from the Nook to the Calibre with the finder will add the book to my Calibre library, but if I change any of the metadata, that change doesn't get reflected on the Nook. Or, if I change the metadata and then use 'send to device' with the newly updated books I end up with two copies of the book on the Nook - one in BN content (with old metadata) and one in My Documents (with new metadata).

It would seem that I should be able to 'sync' my BN/Nook purchased content with Calibre. I.E. when I plug in the Nook, Calibre should detect the new content and add it to the Calibre library. Any changes can be sent to the Nook either automatically, or with "send to device." But the book shouldn't be *duplicated* on the Nook when "send to device" is used.

Is that clear? I've searched the forum for this problem, but apparently today my search-fu is weak.

Thanks.
swanberg is offline   Reply With Quote