View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 02:35 PM   #96
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear All:

I understand. I am careful too with my Astak EZ Reader. I also understand about resolution and best contrast (reason Astak does not yet have a Touchscreen out). BUT... you should see some of the returns we get from FRY's electronics from their customers. Almost none are defective machines, but people actually sit on their devices. They drop them out 5 story apartment windows. They throw them in a duffle bag with dirty underware and let the airlines handle the bag. YOU would not do that and either would I... but a large percentage DO. The returns with thoroughly smashed screens is heartbreaking to see.

And, like you, I have passed my device around a jet I was taking and had 2-3 people drop it on the floor accidentally... or at a Trade Show where it fell off counters. YES... we take great care of our devices you and I... but accidents happen and it only takes one.

If the Flexi device actually costs less and has just as good resolution... it may be a great way to go.
The quality of the resolution is your opinion. It may be a great way to go ... or it may not. It's all in what the consumer wants in their device, and that includes content and other features.

As noted, glass vs. plastic, not even on my long list, much less on the short one.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote