View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 03:37 PM   #20
pl001
Evangelist
pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Color, EVO3D, Surface RT, Galaxy S5, Surface 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post
Anything that can get people off 2- and 3-year contracts and break the power of the carriers is an absolute good.
That may seem like an "absolute good" on the surface, however the competition is fierce between carriers right now, only a few are left standing. Plus they are spending loads of money upgrading their networks. A phone like the Nexus 4 will NOT lead to better and faster networks as it uses older technology they are moving away from. LTE phones give them an incentive and their contracts give them the funds to keep improving.

As much as the power of the carriers annoys me, I will gladly put up with it if it funds their ability to keep improving at the rapid rate they have been over the past decade. I'm not opposed to businesses making money so long as I am getting something in return.
pl001 is offline   Reply With Quote