View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #5
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Quote:
Originally Posted by unifaerie View Post
I am assuming would be similar process for using Vancouver's main library? Where I live the library loans out Kindles - so not for me lol. I believe can link to Vancouver though.
Here is the link for the Vancouver library (which is the entire province of BC):

http://downloads.bclibrary.ca

Word of caution: The book selection s*cks A$$! I checked out Calgary's online library - FAR superior and WAAAAY more books! Esp. kids books! I am hardpressed to find ANYTHING on this website anymore! They have more audiobooks than anything. I've been using it for almost 3 years now and the selection hasn't really improved and waitlists have been getting LONGER and LONGER for new releases - probably because the entire population of BC is using this website (4.5 million people) vs. say, Calgary's library which is just over one million in population. Ugghhh...

Whatever the case, it is usable and I usually borrow 1 or 2 books a month - which is less than 10% of what I read. Not much of a savings...but it helps...

You really have to be organized, though (in searching for books and getting on that waitlist quickly) and make sure you read your book within your 3 week borrowing period....or back to the bottom of the waitlist you go!
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote