View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 06:08 PM   #1
DMB
Old Git
DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Two kindle PWs wifi, kindle fire, iPad3 wifi
Kindle problem with collections

I've had my Kindle 3 (my first ever ebook) for about a week now. It seemed to be going swimmingly. I had bought a few books from Amazon and downloaded free ones from Amazon, Gutenberg and some universities.

I didn't have more than about 40 books on the Kindle. I started straight away creating collections and that apparently posed no problems (apart from the usual moan about lack of hierarchy). Today I was sitting at 36 thousand feet in a plane. I had been reading my Kindle in its cover. I laid it down on the seat next to me for about 20 minutes. When I picked it up and switched it back on again, the home page looked the same, but I couldn't open any of the collections. Nor could I start a new collection. The problem has persisted back at ground level.

I sent an email to UK customer support (it was too late to ring them today). I wondered if anyone here might have any ideas.
DMB is offline   Reply With Quote