View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 11:24 PM   #40
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by corroonb View Post
Don't you guys find it a little awkward to browse through so many books?

I usually keep only a small number of books from my e-library on the device at any one time because it's easier to find what I'm looking for.
I generally don't "browse" through my books. I pick an author or title I want to read and search. The one thing I'd most like to see on the Nook Touch is the ability to shelve the book currently being read, and be able to save it off line. If I could do that, I'd definitely have "read in year NNNN", "currently reading", and "to be read" shelves, so that I could go save books that I want to read for later and not forget about them. I know I have at least a dozen unfinished books that I stopped reading because I had reasons to switch to another one (not because I hated it), but I never got back to it because I forgot about it after 2-3 weeks of reading other things. If I could only shelve the currently read book, that would stop happening (probably).

Also, many of my sideloaded ebooks don't show a cover, and that makes for less visceral browsing.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote